This is a southern cooking blog, where I intend to make at least one southern recipe a week that I've collected from my mama over the summer break. I had to practically beg my mother for her recipes and swear to never let her barbecue sauce recipe out in the open, so unfortunately I can't include that, but everything else is fair game
All of these are bone sticking, fattening recipes that aren't for the faint of the heart or those on diets, just fair warning. One of the staples is bacon grease so I will probably have to make bacon weekly to keep up with the demands of the delightfully fattening bacon grease, or as my mother calls it liquid gold.
This blog is for my Media Writing class that I am taking my Sophomore year at Weber State University. Being super homesick, I thought what better way to make Utah feel like my home than to cook something of my mother's once a week and have people enjoy it with me... mostly because I don't want to end up eating all of it and gaining more weight than I already am going to.
Since I haven't cooked anything yet, here is some pictures of my favorite things to eat in texas with some of my favorite people. (massive photo over share)
Doesn't everyone get guns for christmas?
Me and my dad at the world famous Goodson's Cafe in Tomball, TX
My chicken fried steak with a side of gravy at Goodson's
The Bake Shoppe, no gravy involved, but their sandwich bread tastes like cake.


No comments:
Post a Comment