Healing a tattoo and watching the Texans game was pretty much the two things to do on my list for the day, and with the tattoo being under 24 hours old this was no easy feat even though this is far from being my first, I can still be a baby about it...
I decided that I wanted to make some texmex because my lovely mother constantly sends me pictures of everything she eats that I could possibly miss about Texas. This week it was Chuy's tamale pie, so I decided to make my favorite recipe of tamale pie, the recipe is from HEB.com
Oh, I'm sorry have you never been to HEB? It's the most fantastic grocery store in existence.
This was hands down the exact thing I needed to heal and enjoy watching the Texans beat the bills, and pretty badly.. not trying to brag or anything but the Texans are actually doing great this year. Anyways back to the recipe,
1 Lb ground beef
1 envelope Taco Seasoning
2 teaspoons oil
1 onion, chopped
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 (10 ounces) cups frozen corn
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
-Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Chop onion. Rinse and drain black beans.
-Brown the ground beef, drain and add onion, add the taco seasoning packet and probably 1/3 cup of water and simmer, letting the water evaporate. Add the corn, tomatoes, tomato sauce and beans along with 1 cup of the cheese
-Whisk eggs and milk together in a medium bowl; whisk in cornmeal and baking powder. Pour topping evenly over beef mixture in skillet; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese.
-Bake 20 minutes, or until the top feels firm when lightly touched. Serve with a spoon.

Please make this for me. hahah.
ReplyDeleteI might have to copy some of these!
ReplyDelete